These days, homeowners are looking for everything that’s labeled “energy-efficient”. It’s not just a hype. It’s the current trend that people are following today. The reason is quite simple. We now have the technology to produce the same output with a much smaller energy requirement. That’s where LED lights shine the brightest. Any electrician in Wilmington would tell you that LED lights are far superior to the traditional incandescent light bulbs. And there are a number of reasons what that is. Here are some of the benefits of using LED lighting inside your home:
Any electrician you ask would prefer LED lights over CFL or incandescent lights
- Longer lifespan – as with average benchmarks, LED lights to outshine any CFL or incandescent light by a long shot. When it comes to operational hours, other lighting technologies don’t come close. LED lighting could last up to ten times longer or even more. That’s how impressive the lifespan of a regular LED light is. However, the longevity of such lights will vary. There are cheaper but far inferior brands nowadays. You would need to sift through a bunch of brands to get to the most reliable ones.
- Energy-efficient – unlike traditional lighting methods, LED lights to consume far less energy. This factor makes them perfect for long-term applications. Keeping LED lights on for most of the day would not break your bank. What’s even more compelling about LEDs is the fact that they can produce more light with just a fraction of the energy you would need to power incandescent lights. Any electrician would tell you to get LED lights for more savings.
- Eco-friendly – due to their long lifespan, LED lights are considered eco-friendly. When you come to think of it, you can easily burn up to ten incandescent light bulbs before you could even get an LED light to lose its brightness. In general, producing LEDs are far more efficient as you would not need a whole lot to manufacture them in comparison to incandescent lighting.
- More control – LED lighting is more flexible than other types of light sources. They can be controlled simply with the use of various circuitry. LED lights can also be dimmed, giving you the advantage of turning the light up or down as needed. The best thing about these lights is that the LEDs itself are very small making the application of these lights next to limitless. And they are also perfect for use with recessed lighting.
- Long-term lighting – if you don’t plan on changing your lights for the years to come, you should invest your money on high-quality LED lights. You will need to vet your sources when you do your research. There are quite a number of brands out in the market today and choosing the best one in the bunch can be difficult. However, in general, you can’t go wrong with LED lighting. Not only are they cost-effective, but they are also brighter, and lasts longer.
Need a reputable electrician for electrical upgrades and repairs? Call WHS Electricians LLC today!
WHS Electricians LLC
Wilmington, NC 28409